- 3-5 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 (15 oz.) package refrigerated per crust
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 TBS butter or margarine
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sugar
- Sprinkle berries with lemon juice; set aside.
- Fit half of pastry inch 9-inch pie plate according to pkg directions.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and nest 3 ingredients; add to berries, stirring well.
- Pour into pastry shell, and dot with butter. Unfold remaining pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll gently with rolling pin to remove creases in pastry.
- Place pastry over filling; seal and crimp edges.
- Cut slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush top of pastry with beaten egg, and sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar.
- BAKE at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning, if necessary.
- Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Easy Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze
For Lemon Blueberry Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 box instant lemon pudding (sugar-free will work)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon flour
For Lemon Glaze
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, and oil.
- Fold flour with blueberries.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. The batter will be thick, but if you are careful, the blueberries won’t burst.
- Spread the batter evenly into a well-greased bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out, clean, and the edges are golden brown.
- Cool bread in pan for 30 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze.
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter, lemon juice and lemon zest, mixing until smooth.
- Once the cake is cool, drizzle with glaze. Slice and serve.